Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Feels Like Summer & Is anybody there?

Last night I made one of the best gravy's I have ever made! I'm serious! It was so good I wanted to sit and eat with a spoon!


I had purchased some Johnsonville Brats and put them in a frying pan with about 2 cups of water...I put the heat on of about 5 (electric stove) I let them cook til almost all the water was gone, then added another 2 cups of water, slowly and carefully so the water and grease from the sausages didn't splatter up on me. I cooked sweet peas with honey, and 3 flavored noodles with homemade chicken sauce and some seasonings. I then took 2 table spoons of butter and melted them in the microwave, and then added 2 tablespoons of flour to the butter and then added that to the rue in the frying pan with all the bits and pieces from the cooked sausage that stuck to the pan. Added about 4 to 5 shakes of salt to it and tasted it...oh my! wow! That's good! Dinner was wonderful!


I took the left over gravy and added it to brown rice tonight and boiled some left over chicken pieces in chicken stock. Cut the chicken into small bite size pieces, made a chicken gravy with the now very hot chicken stock. Dinner was good.


After dinner we decided to watch a movie instead of having a game night. We watched Jacob The Liar with Robin Williams. A good movie. It's sad and sometimes a little funny, and always heartbreaking. I always cry at the end of it.


I took that cute little juicer of mine today and cut up 6 lemons and juiced them with it. It kept popping the circuit breaker for the kitchen. I have those outlets with the little button that you can just push to reset it. I had to do that 4 times. I think it was because i had the coffee pot on at the same time. The lemons plus water, plus sugar made a gallon of lemonade! Yummy! It went perfect with the very unseasonably warm weather we had today. It felt like summer. It was 80 outside at the tail end of February. Not complaining, I enjoyed the nice day.


Ray came home early from work, he wanted to go ride his bike. I loved being able to do that with him. My back doesn't let me anymore. I never understood the attraction of it before until I got to ride with him. He drove carefully but freely. It was exhilarating, electrical and slightly sexual.


Still cannot get my Photoshop to open in Linux, it's one of those times I truly miss using a Windows machine. So what does Ray do, he has put this really shitty old version from 1995 on here. God how I hate being patronized! He hates Windows so I have to suffer for it, because I ended up getting viruses on my computer, so now he has this "I know more am better than you attitude" I love him dearly but hate that about him.


I asked the question on Facebook..."I guess people now a days would rather read a few words on a cute or outrageous picture posted on Facebook then read a blog...am I wasting my time writing my daily blog and posting the link here? I only have 9 followers and no one ever leaves a comment...I must really suck at it!"
Half the people responded said they didn't know I had a blog, even though I post the link nightly...that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Most people would rather read a picture with 3 or 4 words on it then read a blog, news article or God forbid a real book! Sad state of affairs. Makes you wonder about the state of books and their future in our Facebook and Twitter society where games and pictures rule. 


To me a comment here is a statement saying..."hey I know how you feel, or wow I had that happen to me to, here's how I solved that problem, or wow that sounds like fun think i'll try it, or that recipe sounds delicious" 
Just a line ot two to say hey we're here!
it's a matter of feeling that I matter to someone and that I am not all alone out here in the universe just talking to myself. 


So now I have to ask the question...


Is anybody listening?


See you next time for more coffee & conversation.



3 comments:

  1. I'm here Kim! I forgot about your blog....dahhhh I swear my mom's dementia is wearing off on me! Thanks for the reminder!
    I loved your dinner! yummm You can come to OH anytime & cook for me!!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see anything in the facebook comments about news articles and books. I see blogs as a more personal thing for the writer.
    News is news, and books are for the reader.

    I love to cook, and try new recipes, so I'm looking forward to reading more in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. heehee aunti i hear you and just to giggle for a min here about your line "It was exhilarating, electrical and slightly sexual." lol omg only someone im related to would post something like that.... so my mother was out riding on the back of a Harley today with a very close family member it was about 60 in mass.... so i end my giggle with this in mind you guys suck!!! i wanna go riding but i have to wait for all this white nasty shit to melt yupp thats right i still have snow fml..... and too boot my hubby has to take a driving course to get his bike licence again so go me......

    so as i sit here not only is my lil bubba and hubby sick so aint i and to top me being sick my face is swollen grrrr i hate my teeth... go to the dentist tomorrow wish me luck i hate them....but im in alot of pain so yea....so my day tomorrow will start with a shower with bubba then get dressed me and him make coffee yumm then get to the dentist and see what they have to say and what new meds i need to take before they will remove my teeth(looking at 6 being pulled)

    the weather here is so wacky drives me nuts.....

    so anyways my 24th bday is in a week and i know you dont like them but im getting new tattoos yayayayayayayaya im excited.....lol...but i promise you will like them......

    so i end my rambling by saying i love you and yes im here and reding hope you enjoy my rambling heehee

    your fav niece
    Amber-Marie

    ReplyDelete