Saturday, February 18, 2012

Long Time No See

Sorry for the delay in returning to the blog. With all the new medical issues that popped up it made it very difficult to do much at all.


You just never know what side effects some meds can do to you...I guess the Vicadon is taking it's toll on my liver and my scalp! Yuck...I never had this much trouble with my scalp before, it either itches or (mostly) burns and now has this scaly crap on it that I have to scrub off. Time to contact a dermatologist now. sigh. Just what I need more medical bills. The liver? It's enlarged...sigh. 


Got an adorable animated Giraffe plush toy that plays music and it's neck goes up and down for Valentines day. I hope everyone had a good Valentines day.


The whole world is abuzz with the news of Whitney Houston's death. They want to fly the flags at half mast for her. Really? It's not right. The half mast should be reserved for hero's not drug addicts that relay a bad message to our nations youth. I liked her music, her sound and some of her movies...but she is not worthy of a half mast flag. The soldiers returning home from war get boo'd, harassed, and nagged about killing women and children. They fought to keep this country free! They deserve the half mast! 


Okay I'm done ranting...for now.

I finally got my new crutches. They are called "Smart Crutch" They are a bit odd looking, but very adjustable. Still cannot go up and down stairs on them. 





Mine are just the plain gray ones, it costs extra to get the color ones with the stickers on them...lol.



Was just web surfin this morning and found this site...

Collectible Android Figures



I thought they were very cute. They need Star Wars and Star Trek versions now. 


Got our taxes done...man I swear Ray makes it so stressful on himself every year. Surprised he isn't the one with kidney stones and stomach issues! We got it done and are getting a small refund back. Seems to get smaller every year. 


Not enough to get my teeth fixed...sigh. Why do docs charge so much! 350 bucks to pull one tooth! That's insane! Total cost for teeth extractions, new top dentures and bottom implants...$6,350.00. Yeah like I have that in my pocket! Why do I need all that done? The meds I have been on for the last 2 years have ruined my teeth, harmed my kidneys, and now my liver too. I need a miracle!


Spartacus Vengeance is finally airing on Starz channel. Lucy Lawless rocks! Loved her as Xena and now as Lucretia. I am hoping to find a way to go to the final convention for Xena Con next year in California. I probably won't go. There is no way I can raise enough for the convention tickets, the hotel, the meals, the transportation.  :(


Yeah I know my blog is all over the place this morning...I have been gone for two weeks or more...now trying to catch every one up on what's going on makes for a messy blog...lol.


Lets see what else is going on...a few family emergencies that scared the hell out of me, but those are private and everyone is okay now. 


Got my drivers license renewed, they messed it up again and forgot to put I wanted to register to vote...again...grrrr. 


Went and seen the movie "Red Tails" about the Tuskegee Airmen. Was a very good movie. If you haven't seen it yet, you should! The visuals alone are intense and well filmed. The story was well told. Terrence Howard, Cuba Gooding Jr., Nate Parker, Tristan Wilds, Elijah Kelley, Leslie Odom Jr., Kevin Phillips, Method Man, Lee Tergesen, Daniele Ruah, David Oyelowo, Ne-Yo, Marcus T. Paulk, Andre Royo, all gave outstanding performances. There are a couple of short scenes with veteran actor Gerald McRaney.


Made homemade scones with chocolate chips, split pea soup (with chunks of salt ham) and home made bread both from scratch this week.....Julia Child's would be proud! :)








All three came out good, but next time I make bread going to split the dough into two bread pans instead of one...it came out tight. No I don't mean "tight" as in the stupid slang word, which is well just stupid. I mean the bread dough was too compact and compressed not enough air in it to spring back up when pushed down slightly. 


Well I guess that's about it for now. Time for me to get another cup of coffee and sit and relax for a bit. So see you next time for more coffee and conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment