Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lunch and Recreation.

So...now that I have played around with the settings in this thing I think I'm all set now. Created my own background and page logo. Tell me what you think of them. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Played around with the font settings and gadgets for the blog.

Hubby got to come home early today, brought me lunch from a place called Simply Burgers. Here's their Facebook page...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/simply-burgers-texas/126668814035673?sk=wall

The mushroom burger was good, thick patty, sourdough hamburger buns. The french fries were another story! Seriously wonderful french fries. So much for dieting huh. No seriously I am NOT on any diet.I do need to lose about 20 lbs though, gained them in the last two years and they won't go away!

He came home early to do some work at home. Stuff that he cannot do at the office. Which is fine with me, I love spending more time with him. You'd never think to look at us that we have been together for 11 years. We had someone tell us last week we act like an old married couple. I cracked up laughing.

He is so very supportive of me and helps me get around the house and even bought me this cute little step stool for getting in and out of the vehicles.

Anyway....if you live in the DFW area. You got try Simply Burgers.

We'll have new neighbors soon. There was a family looking at the house next door tonight. My son swears it's another family that already lives a couple of streets over.

After taking my pain meds this afternoon, I took a short half hour nap. Woke up just in time for my son to come home from school.

Was going to make oven baked pork chops tonight, but opted for a simple spaghetti instead. Was quick and easy. Didn't have to stand for too long at the stove, my son helped me make the sauce. He's getting to like cooking. We have a small kitchen and I end up having him leave so i don't bump into him and hurt myself or fall down. Bad enough trying to cook while using a cane.

Spent most of the morning until hubby came home researching how to get windows and Linux to duel boot on one machine, or to get windows 7 to boot inside of Linux, which from what I understand can't be done...not yet anyway. My brain was pretty much fried when he got here with lunch.

After lunch i worked on this blogs logo and main background. The cooked the spaghetti for dinner. I still have to do the dishes.

I also created this goofy pic my husband and I thought would be funny.

:)

He got mad at me ruining hard drive after hard drive while using Windows and finally said enough is enough, you are switching to a Linux based operating system. So I did. Very reluctantly! It's okay and has some very neat features, but I can't seem to use photoshop in it and that upsets me to no end!


Went and found Adam Sandler fan page on facebook. Funny stuff there. Watched him in Bedtime Stories the other night. Very cute movie.

I guess I'm pretty much done for the night. Going to head over to facebook and check in there  with my friends.

Until next time..see you for more coffee and conversation.


2 comments: