Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SOPA and Sensorship

Woke up in tremendous pain this morning. Wish I could go back to bed. I stayed up to late last night...sometimes I get into doing something and time just seems to slip away.

All the web is abuzz with SOPA. It's a law congress wants to pass about censorship. They want to make our lives like the movie 1984. It's sad really. They have no clue about how it will effect them as well and they seem not to care either.

This is what I posted on Facebook this morning about it...



"ARE YOU GUYS SO STUCK ON PLAYING YOUR GAMES? DO YOU PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD ANYMORE. DO YOU REALIZE IF THEY PASS THE SOPA BILL WE WILL LOSE MOST OF THE THINGS THAT WE LIKE ABOUT THE INTERNET. THEY WANT TO SENSOR EVERYTHING. NO MORE FACEBOOK FUN PHOTOS SNAGGED OFF THE WEB, NO MORE POSTING MUSIC VIDEOS WE LIKE TO HEAR AND MUCH MUCH MORE. CONGRESS WANTs TO PASS THE SOPA BILL AND MAKE OUR LIVES JUST LIKE THE MOVIE 1984, IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN YOU SHOULD! WAKE UP AMERICA, STOP PLAYING GAMES FOR ONE DAMNED DAY AND FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON THE WORLD!"




I am not sure how many people will actually pay attention to that message. At this point I think some people just don't care. I'm not sure half the people on Facebook even know what SOPA is or what it is all about! I guess you can say I feel pretty strongly about this issue.


Anyway...I am hoping to get more laundry done today....see if I can get Linux and Microsoft 7 to talk to each other, and get the dishes in the dishwasher put away.

Reminder! Pick up prescriptions today! lol. yeah I know , weird posting a reminder on a blog to pick up my meds...why not just leave a note on my cell to have the alarm go off...because by the time I find where I left my phone I will forget why i was looking for it! lol.


Just saw my son off to school, damn it's cold outside!  24 degress! Brrrrrr...I need to go make a cup of coffee and get this day started.


See you later for more coffee and conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment